LOOK INWARD. LISTEN DEEPLY TO YOURSELF. INSPIRE YOURSELF.
SET THE WORLD ON FIRE...
HOW MANY OF THESE APPLY TO YOU?:
- Not enough time to get everything done that you want or need to
- Too many competing demands/feeling pulled in opposite directions
- Frustrated by lack of autonomy or by systemic dysfunction
- Tension between you and upper management/administration
- Feeling overworked and undervalued
- Bored with your daily life
- Disconnected from others
- Lack of balance in life
- Disillusioned about how life has unfolded
All of us have a tipping point that is unique, but when we hit it, change is no longer optional. It becomes a matter of survival. For some, it comes gently, for others, it comes like a landslide. With escalating demands, decreasing resources, and the inherent adversarial nature of the work, legal practice has become increasingly challenging. Trying to balance the scales of justice often leads to the loss of the attorney's own balance, and lawyers are hitting their tipping points faster and with more severe consequences. Over the years, I have worked with attorneys who have tipped in one fashion or another. Awareness of their dissatisfaction earlier rather than later often was the factor that determined the nature of their 'tipping' experience. The sooner you acknowledge what isn't working, the less likely you are to have to weather your life falling apart, physically, mentally or emotionally.
WHAT WE DO:
We help attorneys improve their professional experience by achieving positive, lasting change, in their thinking and their way of being in the world: for themselves, their people, and their clients.
WHO WE WORK WITH:
We work with ATTORNEYS who want:
- Greater sense of satisfaction from daily life
- Sense of autonomy and self mastery
- Peace of mind
- Time enough to tend life demands
- To be doing what they are doing because it is what they want to do, not have to do.
- To feel valued
- To develop their leadership capacity
- To work with a coach to become more effective at work and in life.
WHAT WE ACHIEVE:
Using CORE ENERGY COACHING and the ENERGY LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENTTM process, we work with our clients to achieve:
- Measurable outcomes regarding changes in the attorney's functioning.
- Confidence and the capacity to be at the cause instead of the effect of their daily life .
- Renewed and enhanced sense of purpose and meaning in their lives.
- Increased leadership ability
- Greater interpersonal/relationship satisfaction
- Increased feeling of engagement/excitement at work
- Increased sense of personal freedom
- Increased quality and depth of communication
- Increased health and wellness
- Better time management and increased productivity
LEGAL CAREERS AND LIFE SATISFACTION
One fifth of this occupation has a serious drinking problem. Christopher Ingraham, Washington Post, February 5th. 2016
Burnout: Avoidable, not Inevitable. Law Practice Magazine, Volume 38, No. 3, May/June 2012 | THE TIME MANAGEMENT ISSUE
Vicarious Trauma in Attorneys. Andrew P. Levin, Scott Greisburg. Pace Law Review, Vol 24, Issue 1, 2003 http://digitalcommons.pace.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1189&context=plr