LOOK INWARD. LISTEN DEEPLY TO YOURSELF. INSPIRE YOURSELF.
SET THE WORLD ON FIRE...
HOW MANY OF THESE APPLY TO YOU?:
- Not enough time to complete required or desired tasks
- Too many competing demands/feeling pulled in opposite directions
- Frustrated by lack of autonomy or by systemic dysfunction
- Tension between you and upper management/hospital administration
- Feeling overworked and undervalued
- Bored with your daily life
- Disconnected from others
- Lack of balance in life
- Disillusioned about how life has unfolded
All of us have a tipping point that is unique, but when we hit it, change is no longer optional. It becomes a matter of survival. For some, it comes gently, for others, it comes like a landslide. With escalating demands, decreasing resources, and the impact of technology, medical practice has become increasingly challenging. Health care professionals hit their tipping points faster and with more severe consequences. Over the years, I have worked with physicians, physical therapists, nurses and physician's assistants who have tipped in one fashion or another. Awareness of their dissatisfaction earlier rather than later often was the factor that determined the nature of their 'tipping' experience. The sooner you acknowledge what isn't working, the less likely you are to have to weather your life falling apart, physically, mentally or emotionally.
WHAT WE DO:
We help physicians and other health care practitioners improve their professional experience by achieving positive, lasting change in their thinking and their way of being in the world. We help them reconnect with the passion that led them into medicine and realign with their core values, allowing them to thrive at work, at home, in life.
WHO WE WORK WITH:
We work with HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS who want:
- Greater sense of satisfaction from daily life
- Sense of autonomy and self mastery
- Peace of mind
- Time enough to tend life demands
- To be doing what they are doing because it is what they want to do, not have to do.
- To feel valued
- To develop their leadership capacity
- To work with a coach to become more effective at work and in life.
WHAT WE ACHIEVE:
Using CORE ENERGY COACHING and the ENERGY LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENTTM process, we work with our clients to achieve:
- Measurable outcomes regarding changes in the health care practitioner's functioning.
- Confidence and the capacity to be at the cause instead of the effect of their daily life .
- Renewed and enhanced sense of purpose and meaning in their lives.
- Increased leadership ability
- Greater interpersonal/relationship satisfaction
- Increased feeling of engagement/excitement at work
- Increased sense of personal freedom
- Increased quality and depth of communication
- Increased health and wellness
- Better time management and increased productivity
LATEST IN HEALTH CARE CAREERS AND LIFE SATISFACTION
Burnout Among Health Care Professionals: A Call to Explore and Address This Underrecognized Threat to Safe, High-Quality Care . NAM.edu/Perspectives July 5, 2017
Physician health: A review of lifestyle behaviors and preventive health care among physicians. BCMJ, Vol. 54, No. 8, October 2012, page(s) 419-423
Confronting Depression and Suicide in Physicians: A Consensus Statement Claudia Center; Miriam Davis; Thomas Detre; et al. JAMA. 2003;289(23):3161-3166 (doi:10.1001/jama.289.23.3161) http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/289/23/3161
Burnout Increasing Among US Doctors. Washington Post, 12/8/15 http://wpo.st/8tbR1
TO DISCUSS WORKING
WITH DR. SHUMWAY:
TO GET UPDATES FROM US: